Is your court looking worse for the wear? Did your community court used to have regular players that you just don’t see anymore due to how cracked and old it is now? Precise Pickleball Courts can revitalize your court and make it look as good as new again with our professional court resurfacing services. If your court is showing its age and its damages are impacting the safety and play of its users, our court resurfacing can restore your court surface, extending its lifespan.
While sport courts are typically made to last, nothing lasts forever, especially not in Utah, where there are temperamental weather conditions and all sorts of debris that can accumulate on your court’s surface. Court resurfacing allows you to keep your court in good condition so that it is a safe and level surface for people to play on and so that it lasts as long as possible.
How Often Do You Need Court Resurfacing?
There are many different factors that impact how often you’ll need to have court resurfacing done. In general, court resurfacing is done every 5-7 years. Depending on your court, you may need to have it resurfaced more frequently than this, or alternatively, you may be able to get away with going a bit longer between resurfacings.
For instance, if you have a backyard court that’s just used by you and your family and friends for everyday fun, you don’t need to keep it in pristine condition. However, if your court is used a lot by professional athletes, it’s crucial that it’s kept flawless at all times.
Conditions That Accelerate Court Degradation
Some of the conditions that can increase how often you’ll need court resurfacing done are as follows:
- Improper installation
- Improper slope
- Poor drainage
- UV radiation
- Ground movement
- Wear and tear
It’s important to ensure that you’re working with experienced professionals like the team at Precise Pickleball Courts for your court resurfacing needs in order to ensure that your court stays in good condition for years to come.
Our Court Resurfacing Process
When we conduct our court resurfacing jobs, we follow a time-tested process and use the very best materials in order to provide each and every one of our clients with cutting edge sport court surfaces. Said process is as follows:
- First, we’ll use a water broom in order to wash off your court and prep it for resurfacing. If it needs a new concrete slab, we’ll acid wash the court, as this opens the pores and cleans the concrete, providing better adhesion for the paint.
- Then, we fill in any cracks and joints and put down a glue so that the first coat of paint will be able to bond with the concrete.
- Once this is done, we’ll apply the first coat of our black surfacer. This levels the playing surface and fills in any voids.
- Following the resurfacer, it’s time for the colors. We apply two coats of SportMaster color coatings to refresh your court and make it the colors you want. This is the ideal time to upgrade your court’s colors and design, if you want.
- Finally, we’ll tape and paint your court’s lines according to your desired design. After this is done, it’s just a matter of letting the court cure for 48 hours, and then, voila! You have a beautiful new resurfaced court you can enjoy for years to come.
Bring Your Court Back To Life
Precise Pickleball Courts is a leader in Utah’s court surfacing industry. We’ll repair damages to your court’s structure and then revitalize your court with fresh paint. When you have regular court resurfacing done, you can help ensure that your court looks and performs its best for as long as possible. Contact us today to receive a free estimate and to learn more about how we can bring your court back to life.